When our school opened in 1890 it was called Mt Pleasant Provisional School and then renamed Dunellan Provisional School. It was the 614th school built in Queensland and, on the second day of opening, boasted an enrolment of 65 children.
Students were drawn to the school from surrounding farms, shops and local industry and by July 1923 all the land currently used by the school was purchased and the school was renamed Greenslopes State School. In 1939 student enrolment was over 500 students.
Our pool was opened in 1930 as a result of the school community believing that this facility was a better alternative to teaching students to swim in the local creeks.
Greenslopes State School has a proud tradition of educating generations of families from our local area. The school centenary was celebrated in 1990 and an informative book was published to celebrate this historic event. The school continues to add to its well-researched and documented history, as past students provide historical memorabilia from their school days.